Monday, October 13, 2014

Knotts Scary Farm aka Haunt...



Last night was our annual romp to Knotts Halloween Haunt – otherwise known as Knotts Scary Farm!!  This year Jay treated our entire group to everything!  Tickets, front of line skeleton key, the extra Trapped Maze and a few of us to dinner!  The man is one of the most sweetest generous men I know!

I arrived my usual early time but so did Jay, so we popped into TGIF’s for dinner.  Dave & Petey right behind us.  We visited ordered drinks and chatted.  The Dorman’s arrived followed by my friend Taylor and we ordered food and more drinks.  Coyan arrived followed by Miss Sharon and bringing up the rear was T!  An awesome group this year!  Dinner and drinks had and off we went!



Unfortunately the main thing I was looking forward too, which was an interactive Zombie Special Ops Infected thing was sold out.  How that happened is beyond me because we got there early.  We bitched that folks who paid extra for the Skeleton Key should have still got to experience it.  I just don’t understand how it was sold out so quickly.  I’m sure there were thousands of disappointed folks.  Hopefully they’ll get that much better organized for next year.  Sad face.

So – we hit our first maze.  Black Magic.  The Skeleton Key also got you into extra rooms that some of the mazes offered, so this was our 1st one.  Our group of 10 was broken into 2 groups of 5.  The extra room was a fortune teller!  We all sat around the table and all took hands.  I actually had the fortune tellers hands and boy were they cold!  She did a great little bit, had us repeating phrases, the table jumped and shook and a scary fellow jumped out and messed with us a bit.  Then we were led into the maze.  Very cool.  Very decorative.  One of my favorites.

PS - here are some very excited we have the Skeleton Key pictures that Terri took!




We then played a game – I of course won!  Ha!  Then we hit up the Forevermore maze followed by Pinocchio Unstrung.  The Pinocchio one had an extra room and me and Jay were tied up like puppets and told to dance.  Hilarious.  The little gal who I believe was a little person, was absolutely hilarious. 

After that it was time for our Trapped Experience.  I always love this because it’s so interactive!  Last year it was just me & Jay so it was so fun to do it with other folks!  We took our before photo shot 
the second one giving Taylor a floating head!   




Then we were broken into groups of 5 again.  My group was Jay, Taylor, Terri and Sharon.  We were sat in a waiting room where a darling gal came and chatted with us.  She was wonderful at improv and played right along with us.  She then led us to Miss Kitty’s room and promptly handcuffed Jay and I to one side and Terri and Taylor to the other.  We then had to follow the rail with our cuffs to the end where there was a weird wall mirror thing with a key in it.  We had to reach in and grab the key and figure out how to un cuff ourselves.  Awesome.  Miss Kitty was a domitantrix gal who lined us all up on the wall and  - yup you guessed it – spanked us with a wooden paddle!  Then she ducktaped Taylor for some reason




Then she gave the paddle to Sharon who promptly smacked the shit out of Jay.  Hilarious.  Sharon was then given a set of keys.

The next room was a scary optometrist.  He threw Jay into the patient chair and did his bit.  He had Sharon and Terri sit in front of the eye machines you look through and told me and Taylor to hold them still.  The girls shrieked and jumped and apparently saw some scary images in the machine.  Awesome.  He then had us find the book he needed to get us out. I was excitedly grabbing random books and this whole scene played out wonderfully.  We were led into another room where a guy was peeing.  Eww.  His whole bit was pee filled bottles and what not.  He gave us all cups (Except the still duck taped Taylor) and made us drink.  I threw mine over my shoulder because I was afraid to get sick and he promptly got on me and gave me another cup. I gave it to Taylor who removed the tape, drank it and replaced the tape.  The guy still wasn't happy so he said "Fine!  Bathe in it!" He then splashed it at me but it wasn't too much thank goodness.   The girls drank and said it was Apple Cider Vinegar.  Blergh.  They didn’t care for that too much and I’m glad I didn’t have any. 

The next room was a baby/child room.  There was a crib and some toys and a large guy dressed like a baby in a nightgown and bonnet told us we had to hide.  We had to hide!  I lifted the crib cover and saw a large space so Taylor and I crawled under there.  I heard Terri/Jay/Sharon shrieking and was told later a couple of them were shoved in a closet.  A wall opened behind us and Taylor and I slid down a slide to a crawl space.  I was dying laughing the whole time.  I love this!  As we were crawling around trying to find our way out I heard Sharon.  I looked up and she was above us.  We laughed and shouted at each other trying to find a way out.  Jay then slid in behind us and Terri joined Sharon.  After a lot of crawling and laughing we found our way out.  We walked into a room with a throne and a goth gal with wings.  She had a great bit then led us into another room where they did a bit hanging another character.   We were then led into another room, had to line up across from each other and they put dark hoods over our heads.  We were instructed to hold onto the bars in front of us.  They did something that made if feel like they tied nooses around our necks.  I could kind of see through the cloak.  Jenn had given us all glow necklaces and I could see Taylor and Terri’s across from me.  I had seen them put something on Terri and Taylor's shoulders so I assume that was the rope like thing they set on us as well.  The floor fell downward in a jolt and scared everyone.  I heard screams and then I burst out laughing.  So rad. The guy pulled my cloak off and said "You're a sick one aren't you!?"  And that was the conclusion of Trapped!  Well done Knotts!

After that we hit up the log ride.  Not scary though.  We didn’t know that going in.  Oh well.

Next maze was Voodo.  That was probably my other favorite.  The Skeleton Key room was a fantastic voodoo actress who instructed us we each needed to go into these coffins to do a sacrifice.  They were upright but when the door closed it was just you – in a standing coffin.  The lights flicked, air was shot out at you and voices were yelling at you.  That was the one time I did get a little scared.  We all emerged looking freaked out.  Awesome.  Onto the maze which was beautifully decorated.

The other mazes were Dominion of the Damned which was ok, Tooth Fairy which was pretty gross but cool and lastly was Gunslingers Grave.  The Skeleton Key room was fun – a couple of cowboys and his wife were doing a bit and including us in it.  They then dragged the wife out side and a pre-filmed scene she was shot in the head.  Jay pointed and shouted "She has on a different outfit!" they main cowboy came in - "What did you say?!"  Jay repeated himself.  The cowboy then called the other two actors back in and said "Tell them what you said!" he was now laughing.  Jay again repeated himself and the gal said "They lost our clothes!".  They all broke then and we were all laughing.  "So much for the fourth wall!" the main guy said.  It's so fun when actors mess with actors!  The maze itself was kind of lame actually though.

After that we were pretty much done.  Joking at the fact we were old and tired and it was almost midnight.  Most of our group headed home but Mark, Taylor, Jay and I wanted to play a couple more games so we did.  I won another doll then Jay won the whack a mole and got a very cute pumpkin doll thing.  We headed out after that tired and happy.

It was a very fun group this year and I thank Jay again for treating us all to a spooktacular evening!!

All in all I had a great time but more for the group we were with, Trapped and the extra rooms.  I was a bit disappointed in the mazes this year and super disappointed we weren't able to do the zombie infected thing.  The monsters seem to use masks more than make up now and they poop out early.  The last part of the evening you could tell they just weren't into it anymore.  I think Knotts is getting to the point that they need to step up their game a bit.  But we of course had a great time!

I'm so looking forward to my other Halloweeny events coming up!!

Scary Dave and Alex

Mark and the ladies Jenn & Sharon

Me in a Taylor/Petey Sandwich

Terri and our host with the most Jay!

Spooky Jay in his new hoodie!





















No comments: