Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Crafts, Wine and Dogs...

This is what my weekend consisted of!

Let's start with Crafts:

Friday night we had another craft night.  Jill was hosting and decided on making cards.  Her sister Lanie offered up her pad since Jill is living with her folks.  Holly was finally able to join us this time as was Mel!  We then had the usual suspects as you can see below.



As per usual we all brought stuff to make.  I brought Thanksgiving stuff and Xmas stuff.  I figured I'd make Thanksgiving cards for the fam.  I also made a get well card for a co-worker of mine.  We arrived with snacks, Lanie supplied the wine and we found out she was a secret scrapbooker!  She had everything!  Paper, stickers, a revolving thing with 24 different scissors that cut designs and more!  It was so awesome!  She also whipped out this nifty drink/trash thing that I had to photograph because I've never seen anything like it.  As Lanie said "Well you don't want your drink up with your crafts!"
Hilarious!



We laughed and made cards and learned that tacky glue isn't as good as Modge Podge but the Podge sort of warps your cards.  The hot glue gun worked well and I'm a huge fan of stickers.  All of the other girls are so much more talented at this sort of thing and made some fantabulous cards.




Mine were ok.  A few got messed up unfortunately.   We also learned they don't dry fast, so next time we need to be prepared to lay out cards in your car.  But here is my collection:





It was a super fun evening as it always is!  Holly brought these amazing cupcakes that D took a cute shot of me, Maryanne and Mel inhaling them over the sink!



Next up is Wine:

Saturday we had planned a ladies day trip and chose to go wine tasting.  It ended up only being four of us but it was a perfect four!  Katie, Robin and Lib all showed up at my house about 11am.  We did get a late start but we all had the whole day free so no worries.  We hopped on the freeway to of course promptly sit in traffic.  Lame.  We were getting pretty hungry and decided to stop at Tom's Farms for lunch!  I was thrilled since I had just been here after our Glen Ivy day.  I just love this place!  We wandered into the shop that has a deli and Lib wondered if they had wine tasting.  I guessed yes, as I remember a wine bar and sure enough a tasting was going on.  We headed over and as we approached I noticed a familiar face pouring the tastes.  I at first thought it may be someone I knew from high school.  As we stood at the end I noticed the wines he was pouring were said "Warrant" and they were rocker names.  "Could this be????....No".  I didn't want to assume because what the hell would the guitarist from Warrant be doing at Tom's Farms pouring wine?  As the girls were chatting with the folks about the wine I slyly googled Erik Turner.  HOLY SHIT IT WAS HIM!!!  I instantly turned to mush.  Robin leaned in and whispered "Is that..." YES I said!  So rad!!!!
I promptly started asking him about his wines and trying to act super cool.  I saw that he was signing bottles if you purchased one so I of course snatched up the Cab which was quite yummy!  The other girls all picked bottles as well once they realized who he was.  His wife popped up behind him and started telling us about her adventure at the Jelly Belly truck outside and we had to go out and spin the wheel.  They were so rad!  Lib asked if we could take a photo and he said "Sure!" he actually came out from behind the bar, put on his sunglasses and posed with us.  Then he had his son take a picture of us with his phone to put on his Facebook Page which of course I liked immediately.  He put his arm around me and I shivered with excitement!  Yes - I got totally star struck.  I mean I watched this guy perform!  He was one of the heavy metal hair bands I had hanging on my wall!!!!  He was the one that was the cutest in Warrant!!!  OH! MY! GOD!  I was dying.  I also want to point out how cool he was!  He had friends arrive to taste and he said hey to them, but he didn't take his attention away from us until we were leaving.  It was so very classy.  Talk about a random awesome occurrence!!!





After my heart stopped pounding we headed over, grabbed some lunch and sat outside where I used to love to eat.  We then hit up the Jelly Belly truck of course, I won some candy on the spin.



The girls purchased more candy and popcorn and headed out.  I can just imagine the sugar crash we're going to have.

We hit some sort of gnarly unexpected traffic but finally made it to Temecula.  Our 1st stop was South Coast Winery  - packed - we left.  Wiens was number two.  This is where I did my taste.  I had budgeted only one taste for me, plus I was driving.  I love Wiens!  We ended up with a fantastic chick and my favorites were The Sangiovese, Merrytage, a Reserve Primitivo and the best was the Reserve Zinfandel - AMAZING!  If I had any friggin money I so would have bought a case!  Next we hit Monte de Oro.  This place had an awesome floor that you could look down below and see the barrel room below!



The girls did tasting and Lib's sis Maria joined up with us!  Very cool.  After that we tried a couple more but they were packed and starting to close so we decided to head out since we were all getting hungry again.  So Claim Jumper dinner it was!  A really nice day and a really great time with the girls.  The highlight of course meeting Erik Turner!  I also must list my favorite quote of the day.  Me to Lib - "Why is your Woot Woot a Weet Weet?".  We laughed for days.








Lastly was the Dogs:

Fatima was signed up to do the Race for the Rescues 5K.  She had offered to pay for Amber and I do do the 1K walk with her and her dog Blue.  We would also pup sit Blue while she ran the 5K.  Totally!
The race was at OC Great Park and a really great event.  There were all kinds of rescue organizations, my favorite of course was the bulldog rescue, vendors, and some places had raffles!  I of course entered a few but didn't win anything.  Fatima killed the 5K.  She got 1st in her age group!




Amber and I chilled with Blue and I snapped a few shots:





Then we did the 1K walk.  It was so cute!  All these people just walking with their dogs. 




I fell in love with Lilly who was walking near us:



After the walk we wandered around and visited.  Blue was of course a hit because of his size and many wanted to come pet and love on him.  I had so much fun loving on all of the dogs!!!  There were so many and everyone was super friendly and so willing to let me play/love on their dogs.  They did a little "Catwalk" like thing with dogs up for adoption.  Lord I wanted to take them all home!  So cute!!  I had a great time and loved seeing all the pups!  Since my rib is bruised (not fractured thank GAWD) this was a perfect thing for me to do!  A big thank you to Fatima for picking up my fee!  Love spending time with the gentle giant




It turned out to be a pretty great weekend!! 

No comments: