Thursday, September 2, 2010

Update...

I feel I can officially say it now...even though most of you probably already know...
I HAVE A NEW JOB!
Today was my last day at Pacific Symphony. With a cupcake send off I was out the door. I've been working both jobs this week, but tommorow is my 1st offical day as a full time Chapman University employee!!! I'm really really really hoping this will be a good opportunity for me. I'm hoping to GAWD its what I've been hoping for. So far it seems to be. Its close - I'm hopefully going to actually start riding my bike to work which would be AWESOME. After working there for 6 months I can start going to school there for pretty much free. Bennies are good. I'm getting paid a tiny bit more. And already I feel more welcome then I've ever felt at a new job. You should see the email my new boss sent out announcing my arrival. I felt like a star. I really do think this will be a really good thing for me!
I'm not gonna lie...smoking these past 2 weeks have been bad. Not that its an excuse but this has been the a couple of the knarliest couple of weeks. Dont fret - I'm not back to the full blown smoker I was, but I have been cheating way too much. With Street Fair and lil bro in town this weekend I'm probably going to be very very bad. BUT - Next week is a new week. I'll be at my new job, I'm hopefully going to be doing alot more active crap by biking my fat ass too work, I need to diet and I need to cut out those cheats completely and officially be a non-smoker. It'll happen. Just takin a bit longer then I care to admit.
Not all is perfect of course. Papa is still a major concern. I worry more and more about him each day. I still need to replace my cadalitic converter on my truck and finances of course are always looming.
But dammmit I think I've got some good comin my way. FINALLY.
I couldnt get into OCC - classes were full. I seriously think this is a sign. This job couldnt have come at a more critical time. I'm wanting to go back to school, and here it is. Plopped in my lap.
I'm of course terrified because its a whole new system and I have ALOT to learn and you all know me...I want to excel at everything right now. So patience has to come into play and I have to learn the new job and suck it up that I'll be a bit slow at first, but I really think it'll be awesome.
I'm also starting up kickball again - quite excited about that!
Street Fair is this weekend, so let the drunken, gluttony fest begin. Well Saturday anyway. As for tonite - I should be in bed.
So that is all at this point folks. Just taking shit day by day and hoping to hell things will start looking on the up and up.
I'm feeling good.
Holy Hell.....

No comments: