Friday, December 12, 2008

Moon Goddess...

Last nite and tonite I've heard the moon is larger then ever. In my wine haze, depression fog I wander outside and stare at the moon. Its so bright. I stare and see the blue haze that surrounds it, like a firey ring. The stars dim in its brightness. I txt the boy, I'm sure if he's awake he thinks silly sentimental fool. I txt some of my ladies, they may think me silly but also understand. One of my lovley ladies also wrote a blog yesterday about the same thing. My grandma told me today how she and her dear friend she used to camp with would always go out and look at the moon. The others would laugh and call them silly, but they would always go together and look at the moon. She called me tonite, leaving me a msg saying to go out and look at the moon. Her and Papa were going out a few times to just stare. Its stunning. Have you ever noticed how different your shadow looks in the moons light? Almost disfigured, somewhat hazy, distraught, the moons shadow. So much different then the suns. She's a quiet magnificent light, shining down on us night owls saying all will be alright. Its so much more silent. The night sounds mysterious and full. So bright. I can see her face looking down upon my gaping stare. Sigh. So beautiful. So silent. Its breathtaking. I toast her and she dances around my wine glass, taunting. I play with my shadows. Listen to the night air. The night creatures. At one point they all stop, silent, staring up into her glory. Moments like these. Peaceful moments like these. I embrace them. I need them. I thank the Moon Goddess tonight. Thank you.

No comments: