July has been a bit rough. Not gonna lie.
It truly seems to be getting harder and harder to be positive. To find
the joy. Especially when it seems so many companies are caring less and
less about the well being of their employees. Our current administration
is destroying our already battered country. Global warming and climate change are causing a ruckus. People are getting more
depressed, more isolated, more angry every day. It's hard. But I keep
trying. So here's my joy for the month. My moments of happiness I try to
capture as much as I can. Hoping for wonderful Summer Memories to all
my family and friends!
The highlight of this month was our trip to Idyllwild which you can read about
HERE.
Starting this blog off with one of my favorite pictures of my husband....
One Saturday our little Adventure Group got a few of us out to a new place!
Cabrillo Aquarium in San Pedro. I realized I've never been to San Pedro, and now I'm hearing it's got some cute little areas that we didn't even see. The aquarium is small but super cute! Amber had suggested it and we all had a lovely time! I plan to get another adventure out there to explore some more of the area!
 |
| Our dad Cheerleaders |
The fur babies:
 |
| I brought Luna back a catnip toy from Idyllwild |
 |
| His favorite car position |
 |
| I told him Gramma was coming over and he started looking for her |
 |
| I met Tianna/Scott's new lil Staffy Rosie |
 |
| She's a kisser! |
The food:
 |
| Salmon |
 |
| Pat made a Korean Bowl of some sort |
 |
| Scallops on Risotto - so good! |
 |
| This was Salmon on a really good Feta Couscous |
 |
| A really good dijon chicken dish |
 |
| I thought it looked kinda pretty |
 |
| Swai fish with bok choy |
 |
| Chicken with a Fig sauce |
 |
| Making homemade pasta |
The hiking:
Rascal and I did a solo hike one morning
 |
| What is he looking at.... |
Took Shane/D for a hike one morning so we could show them some better OC Hikes. We almost killed Danelle. LOL!
I took a random day off and Pat and I did a hike we forgot was so difficult. Lots of up up up...
 |
| Rascal actually picked up a stick! Made me think of Poe |
 |
| Still going up... |
One lovely Saturdary we met up with Alex and Elyse and hit up Monrovia State Park. They have a bunch of trails there, but we just did a shorty one. It was a little tougher than we were expecting but the pay off was rad! A waterfall that was actually watering!
 |
| A good portion of the trail was shaded, so that was nice |
 |
| Yup - found me a geocache! |
 |
| Waterfall! |
 |
| Our fun little group |
I took mom to the OC Fair to see if she won something - and she did!
 |
| I should have been a horror actress... |
 |
| They don't have a huge selection, but these are always fun |
 |
| The one thing we ate...and it was pretty awful. LOL |
 |
| Yay Jenny! |
 |
| Yay Tim! |
 |
| This guy won Best in Show! |
 |
| A Burning Man Table Setting! |
 |
| Look at the mice! |
 |
| My old colleague won the Best Division and 1st place! |
 |
| Mom's pretty table! |
 |
| Mom got a Judges Award!! |
One day we had Josh and Danielle over for dinner and got to me Eloise!
 |
| She may actually be the cutest baby I've ever met |
 |
| Can you even?! |
 |
| The sweetest little family! |
We had our Supper Club this month and it was a pizza night at Julie's sister Donna's. I did more video than pictures that night, and can't seem to post videos here anymore, but here's the few pics I did take:
 |
| Pat always has such pretty meal prep! He was making a Fig and Prosciutto Pizza |
 |
| I contributed a delicious snack board but was half gone before I got a shot |
 |
| Pat's pizza with mom's basil from her garden! |
 |
| Terri's dessert pizza in the oven |
 |
| She made a peach cobbler like pizza dessert |
 |
| Our pizza group! |
I captured this after an appointment one day. We all walked out of the office almost at the same time, the couple in front of me. It's hot as hell outside and as soon as we walked out the man flipped open the umbrella and held it above he and his lady. I thought it was just the sweetest gesture!
No comments:
Post a Comment