Monday, July 1, 2024

June Photo Dump...

Well the absolute highlight of June was the Paso Getaway you saw in the blog earlier - I just want to go back!

But we had some other good stuff this month too!  It's officially summertime!  Summer is truly my favorite time of year. Although I don't handle the heat like I used to - I do still love the warmer weather, the slower pace and finding fun ways to beat the heat - give me some water!

Had a lovely lunch with Carol and now Michele who will probably be joining our regular meet ups since she retired!


 June 1st we hit the Fullerton Pride Festival and it was so heartwarming to see all the support!

Poe for Pride!



This woman is pretty amazing



Pride Beer!

The OC Gay Mens Chorus.  I love them!

Seem to have some fun little nature encounters. I feel like Snow White! One morning Pat & I sat on our porch drinking mimosas, like we do, and we watched a dove build a nest in our neighbors roof.  Then a bunny was hopping around enjoying the morning!  It was so cute!


Not really nature but she thinks she's a wild hunter stalking me....

Baby Squirrel!!!!

This butterfly keeps visiting my Kindess flag. It's so cute!

Of course the food...

Fennel Rice with Seared Scallops

A new favorite  -Rootbeer BBQ pork sliders with a Jalapeño Mayo Slaw!

Clams with homemade pasta!

Had brunch with Jules at Native OC in DTSA and they had these really delicious little deviled eggs with crispy prosciutto!

Pat practicing his Tuna Tostada for the cooking party later this month!

Pat's always making pasta!
 Had a wine pick up, but Pat couldn't make it this time - so I brought my friend and fellow wine and food lover Ms Tianna!  We had such a lovely little girls day off down in Temecula!


Pick up was a Wiens but I love Europa, so came here for our free glass then lunch at Bolero!


Love this girl


Potato Croquettes over braised short rib! Yum!

Wrapped Dates

This was a shell fish deliciousness in a Saffron Garlic Broth that was so good!

Kinda want to paint this on my wall

Girls Day!

The view from Europa!

June also brought the Day of Music Festival.  Pat & I went down that Friday and saw his buddy Keith's punk band play.  They're called Punk as a doornail.  And Keith plays this crazy contraption he created - a Skatar!  A skateboard that's a guitar!  It was so rad!  We then had a yummy dinner at Twisted Vine - one of my faves.





We had our 2nd Supper Club Gathering and this time Tianna was able to join.  I was so happy to introduce Tianna to Julie and Terri.  These three ladies are my best foodie friends and I know we're going to have many more delicious supper clubs!  The theme this time was Mexican and it was hosted at Terri's adorable home in Santa Ana!


Terri got us little gits!

Of course her table setting was gorgeous!

My contribution was Watermelon Tequila Spritzer Margaritas!



Tianna made a Caldo de camarón and a Mexican Spice Cake!  In the middle are Pat's Tuna Tostadas but I didn't get a picture before we started eating them!


This was pretty bomb! Chili Colorado made by T!

 Love her serving dishes!

So excited to eat!

Then on the last day of the month had a lovely brunch with the girls!




Just missing Aimee!


Kati was petting my hair



A lovely month indeed!!

Love me some summer!



No comments: