Thursday, April 13, 2023

Springtime Fun...

 Doesn't feel much like Spring today - the gloom has returned - but we did have a brief teaser of Springtime!  Just in time for a beautiful Easter Day! 

I met a couple of girlfriends for brunch in Mission Viejo and there was an Easter Festival happening so we did snap a quick shot in front of the pretty springtime background!

Springtime!


Yummy Chilequiles!

Pat, Poe & I were able to get a nice little hike in at the El Modena Open Space that's right up the street.  We never did the whole thing until now.  It's a good workout and of course I found a geocache I'd never made it quite far enough to get to!









Love the flowers starting to bloom!




My mom always throws the most spectacular Easter Party and this year was no different!  It could not have been a more perfect day!  I was so excited to break out a sundress!!  Sadly no one remembered to take pictures until the very end - but there was about 20 friends/family over and mom hid 563 eggs!!!

The cutest Easter Bunny Eva!

I made cute little sandwiches for the party!  These are Salmon with a cream cheese/lemon spread on pita!

Pat helped me out

Turkey/Provolone and a Basil Mayo

Your typical Cucumber Cream Cheese with some added zest!

Poe's Easter presie from Gramma

Jo!

The hostess with the mostess


Family Portrait

Mom and I love to attend Knotts Berry Farm's Boysenberry Festival every year - she has a pass and my friend signs me in - but for her bday gift this year I bought all her food/drink/fun.  It was a perfectly wonderful mama and daughter day of fun and food!

Doing what I do best


Mom and her Boysenberry Swirl Cookie

Boysenberry Ice Cream Sandwich and Boysenberry BBQ Sauce Beef Tips on Parmesan Grits

Mom beat me at Air Hockey!

All our winnings

Chicken Wings in a Boysenberry Sweet Chill Glaze and Loaded Potatoes with Bacon and a Boysenberry sauce

Mom enjoying some of my Boysenberry Mimosa




Boysenberry Panna Cotta (My fave of the day) and a Boysenberry Blondie



I'm def getting Cabin Fever from our unusually wet winter.  And yes - I know - It's SoCal - but that's why I pay out of my ass to live here!  This ain't friggin Oregon! LOL.  So come on Springtime!  I'm ready for ya!!




No comments: