Sunday, June 5, 2022

Lavender Festival...

 So I had posted in my little adventure group if anyone would be interested in The Lavender Festival.  A bunch of people said yes, so I promptly bought tickets for my husband (still getting used to saying that ***giggle***) and myself.  Well - when the day finally came only one of our friends got a ticket so it ended up being a perfect little trio of fun!

And that's exactly what it was - so fun!  It's a bit of a trek.  It's out in Cherry Valley - just off the 10 fwy so get ready for about a bit over an hour if your heading out from Orange County.  But it was totally worth it!

It's on a farm that apparently used to be a place where folks would go to work on their mental health, and I can see why.  It's like an oasis in the middle of the desert.  Surrounded by beautiful big trees and almost felt like we were in the mountains at times.  I don't believe anyone actually stays there anymore - a lot of the cottage rooms are now permanent vendor locations.

The place is huge, charming, tranquil, and super random!  But good random!  The three of us had a fantastic time and def want to plan to come again next year and get more folks to join us!  They have wagon tours, lavender infused food and drinks, crafts, little photo areas, beautiful scrolling lavender fields, a petting zoo, a 1000 year old oak tree, beautiful grounds, a wine bar and all kinds of cool stuff!

Our trio of fun!




There were all these random little set ups all over the place. So reminded me of my mothers backyard

The marketplace

Scenes around the farm


You know how much I love trees






Random dining room tables and chairs set about

Beautiful tree lined walkway.  Vendors were along the other side




These little poofs were everywhere

The little petting zoo!





The Lavender Fields
 

 


Photo shoots were all over the place

Of course I had mine...





Caught him just before he bolted





I love playing with my Sepia - especially with old farm equipment!









Time for some grub!  I got me a Lavender Chicken Sandwich.  The chicken was marinated in lavender.  It had a basil pesto sauce and was delicious!  You got a hint of lavender every now and again in a bite, but not super prominent.


Chandelier's hanging from trees

Noel was fascinated

Drink time!  Yup...that's Pat with a fru fru drink!

Lavender Mojitos and the new Rose they're trying to grow

Also camp chair scattered all over the place for people to sit down

Headed out to the 1000 year old oak tree


It was so old the thing grew into the ground then popped back up again


That's a big tree...

Chillin in the background of the tree




Farmland behind the Oak Tree


Ass

Then we hit up the little vendor area where they were in cottage rooms.  Super cute!  I also want to mention there was this adorable older couple in one of the rooms doing wine tastings.  They told me all about their wines as I tasted them and how one is named after their daughter.  Another named after their Grandson - the 2017 Joshua Cabernet.  They will pull aside a case for that kid, then on their 21st birthday break it out for them.  They plan to do this with all their grandkids.  So rad!  They're called Wild Wood Oak Winery. I actually liked their Chardonnay alot!  I never like Chardonnays!  They older man jumped right in and said "Right?!  California Chards tend to just be too oaky!"  He was so excited I liked it.  I was already planning on buying a bottle because they were too damn adorable so the Chard it was!




Um hell yes we did the Sheep Maze


I'm in love with these little poofs everywhere

I had seen a sign for "Free Rose Tasting" so of course I was all over that, but it turned into a highlight.  We met one of the gals there who works on the farm - super sweet - and told us all about how they just planted a bunch of vines to start to try to get a little vineyard going on the Farm.  It'll take 5-6 years, but they're all in.  The were using these certain grapes that another winery created a Rose for them and it's super delish!  So the three of us sat at the bar near the end of our day chatting with her and learning about their upcoming wine endeavor.

My mecca


Hi baby vines!!!

Got the new coming Rose and of course the Chard from the darling older couple

My other Festival purchases because I HAVE TOO!

It was truly a fun day and totally work the drive!  We plan to hit it up again and I will keep an eye on this place for other events.  

Yay for new adventures!



No comments: