Monday, January 17, 2022

Geocaching Adventure Lab...

 So I've stopped posting dedicated blogs to geocaching, really just because you're probably all sick of seeing them!  Tee hee....but they cant get a bit redundant.  But - there's another additional app called The Adventure Lab that's usually tied into the Geocaching app.  I've posted about them before, but I figured it would be fun to write some dedicated blogs to these since they're all different!

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day so we all three happen to have it off work/school.  So I thought let's do an Adventure Lab!  It's hard to get the kid to get into these, but there was one that looked to have a perfect path to ride bikes, we could bring the dog, so everyone would be happy.  The kid got to ride their bike up and down and Pat and I walked along the path with Seymore doing the Lab.

This is apparently called The Freeway Trail and I can see why.  You're literally right next to the 405.  It is a bit loud, so plan on some shouty conversation while walking along this trail.  The Lab was called Urban Zoo.  There's a bunch of cool sculptures down this nursery along the trail and each stop gave you a little bit of information on each of the animals it chose!  Giraffe, Tyrannosaurus Rex,  Dolphin, Triceratops and the Elephant!  

There wasn't any caches involved in this lab which surprised me, but I opened the geocache app after the fact and there were a couple.  Sadly I should have looked at the beginning, but I did grab one at the end.  So yay!


1st stop!

Seymore was trying to mimic the horse

Freeway Trail

Grrrrrr!  Stop 2

Stop 3!

Unique flower!

These guys were cool

Stop 4


Stop 5

Oh wait!  There's a cache behind his ear!


Seymore Snack



A nice little jaunt out of the house!



No comments: