Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Fourth of July Holiday Weekend...

It's a trip to be able to post a blog about a really fun holiday weekend!

It almost felt normal again!

So the last two years I have been able to tag along to the Hernandez Family's trip to Lake Gregory for the Fourth of July weekend.  Sadly those have come to an end so I found myself home again for my least favorite holiday.

One thing I was thrilled about - the place we currently live the fireworks were nothing.  We heard them in the distance but it was so quiet here.  Yay!!!  Let's hope wherever we find ourselves living next year will be just as quiet.

So - the weekend!

Friday I met dad for breakfast, ran some errands and did some shopping for myself!  I also met up with Libby and Hailey for lunch but sadly failed at taking photos.

The Orange July 3rd Celebration was able to happen this year, so mom has a few of us over for a BBQ and to watch the firework show.  We kept it small, as we're still easing back in.  But it was super fun and super chill!

Was stoked to make a festive treat!

Mom and Justin

Justin doing Tree Tarot Card Readings for everyone

Chillin

Seymore gave 0 fucks about fireworks

Danelle was not having Justin's long hair...

Elise found a new friend

This is Grandad proceeding to kick all our asses at rings


Shane's reading

Watching the show!

Justin is leaving me and moving back to Missouri.  I will miss him so damn much!

Firetruck and police ready to crack down

Sibs

Later in the night...

 July 4th was a super mellow day.  Finally actually used our community pool.  Then had a delicious sushi dinner at new spot!

This roll had mango in it!  It was such an interesting delicious combination of flavors!

We also had Monday off.  So the 4 day weekend was so nice!

Pat and I decided to go hike Crystal Cove.  It was beautiful but hot.  I forget how much of Crystal Cove isn't shaded.  But we did have a lovely ocean breeze that helped keep us cool, and we took a side trail called Lizard Trail that was shaded and just beautiful!  I of course also did a bit of geocaching!

I wish we could have hiked all the way to the water, but it was too hot


So pretty!

Love my trees


A really cool weird rock



Hiking Couple

Pretty much always my view


Pat spotted a geocache!


My first find of the day!

It was a lovely long 4 day weekend!


No comments: