Wednesday, December 30, 2020

COVID killed Christmas...

Ok not totally killed Christmas but certainly put a huge damper on it.  I mean basically any Holiday Parties, Holiday Events, big gift exchanges, etc - CANCELLED.  We're at an all time high with cases actually.  Our damn country is on red alert.  California got pulled back to the Purple Tier then back to Stay At Home earlier this month.  Sigh.  

But as per usual for this year - we made the best of it.  

We did decorate.  I was actually really excited to decorate our new place.  We have so much space!  We also got a real tree!  It smells so pretty!  I don't think I've had a real tree since 2007.  We also were able to still put up all our fakie trees because we have the room!  So our place looked super cute and festive!

I love our lights!

Figured I'd decorate the tree outside our place






I've always wanted a banister to put garland and lights on!!!

We did good!

So pretty!

Seymore cuddles

Decorating our REAL tree!


I'm in love!

One night we watched my friend Kali on her Union Station Xmas Tree Virtual Lighting thing!
 
My friends rock

 
 
We also got out and looked at some Christmas Lights when we could!
 

Such a cool surprise we found!  It played the lights along with music when you tuned into a certain station


Randomly saw this driving around




Rad

There was all kinds of fun food and baking throughout the season.

I baked randomly here and there and made cookies for us and dropped off surprise deliveries to friends.  My mom had her baking day, but I didn't go this year - cuz - you know - COVID...but I did stop by and get some cookies and took some pictures of them!

Taylor sent us a Harry & David Box of goodies!!!





We made Hot Chocolate Cocoa Bombs!!!  So fun!!!

Work Virtual Ho Ho Happy Hour

I'm a baking fiend!

I won some cookies from our neighbor!!  So yummy!  (I'm actually totally sober even though I don't look it)


The baking ladies

I snuck in for a quick bite!

Quick pic!

I always treasure my patio visits with Taylor, and I made us Jingle Juice.  One of my co-workers also sent him a rad Christmas Presie in the mail that we continued playing with all through our visit.

Jingle Juice!





Also right before Lock Down - in between Thanksgiving and Christmas - we did get one outing in  - miniature golf!  It's all outside and was set up super safe so we figured why not!  Good thing we did too, because just a few days later everything shut down again.





So when the actual holiday came, we tried to see our families while being safe at the the same time.  I got a COVID test a few days before to make sure I was good to go.  Negative.  Fab.  So I alone went to my Dad's house to have Christmas Eve Dinner.  Christmas Day we masked up and went to Pat's mom to exchange gifts, then over to my moms where we exchanged gifts outside.  Didn't take too many pictures really...because FUCK COVID.  But here's a couple...


Pat and I did a Christmas Eve Day hike!

The sky show was beautiful on my way to my Dads

Even though the little pretty much knows the deal with Santa - cookies were left and she left a note in Japanese

Christmas morning

Seymore was enjoying the morning

Mom had a hook the antler game that was fun!

So - there ya have it.  Although it was a rough one, we did it and I feel like we did it well.  Hoping we'll all be in a much safer better place next year!  Hope you all had as good of a holiday as can be.

No comments: