Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Caching along...

Just some more fun Geocaching Adventures to share!!

***SPOILERS*****  Don't keep reading if you don't want to see the hiding spots!!

My 1st cache of 2019 is one I've been eyeing for a bit.  It was in a parking lot of a place my boyfriend and I always get food.  But we're usually rushing in and out, so I've never wanted to go hunting for it and make him wait.  Well - the other day we were with the kiddo and had to wait for our food so what a perfect time to go find that cache!!  And we did!! 

It was a magnetic by a bank!

1st 2019 cache!
My next adventure was the very next day.  My usual cache'ing with my friend Julie after our monthly brunch!

Now - this time I thought we'd try my 1st mystery cache.  Never done one of those and there seemed to be one up the street.  You were led to this mural on a bank and then asked questions about the mural to give you hints for the cache.

The mural
It was kind of like the multi cache I did a while back with my friend Robin.  But this one I think gave us coordinates that I couldn't figure out!!!  An example was one question was "How many hats are in the mural?"  take that number and add 2.  Things like that.  But the coordinates didn't seem to have the same amount of numbers that the other ones did so we were super confused.  The hint said "Magnetic/Keep Out" so we tried to figure it out.  We went around that damn bank at least 5 or 6 times.  We spent probably a good half hour looking for it (my friend is super competitive which I love) before we decided we should quit.  As we were standing out in front I looked across the street and saw a good place for a cache - so I said let's just look there then leave.  Guess what - IT WAS THERE!!!!  We could not believe it!!

Julie was still mad at how hard it was...
After we laughed and logged our find, we decided we had time for one more easy one.  So we grabbed another one of the BRC ones that are hidden on boogers in DTSA.  So 2 for 2!

Easy booger find!
On MLK day, since we all had it off, the boy, his kiddo and I hit up a trail near his house.  I had noticed on the map there was a lot of caches along this walk, and he's trying to get his kiddo to enjoy hiking/walking more so we thought this would be fun!  It was a cold/windy day but we found 5 out of 7!  Plus these were super cool caches!!!!

1st one was called Trick or Treat.  Super easy to find and full of good stuff!  I left a unicorn!

It's like a big cookie can!

I love caching!


We didn't find the 2nd one, but it hadn't been found since July so we figured it may be gone.  The next one was probably my favorite one to date!  The person actually built this awesome cache!!  It's a bird house that the bottom opens up and a container is built into the house!!  So rad and creative!!  We were thrilled at this find!
Huge mushroom!

This was the raddest cache!!!

Not just a bird house....
Next up was a pretty easy one since the title basically gave it away.  But it was another neat one - the top of the chain link fence pole - you unscrewed the top and a film can was mounted in it!


She's totally getting into it
Next up was looking for a "Pill Box" which I was so not expecting this!

Our last one was pretty awesome too - a huge ammo can full of goodies!!
It's out here somewhere!!

Found it!
We did try to find another one, but again - it was one that hadn't been found for a few months so we didn't look too hard.  But 5 in one day was pretty good!

Sweater Head

One night my friend Taylor and I had a sushi dinner.  I have told him about my cache obsession but he has yet to join me, so after dinner I asked..."Wanna go find one real quick?"  He was down.  There are a bunch along Tustin Street that are called PUB Crawl (PUB for Public Utility Boxes I think).  I've found 1 of these one night after sushi with another group you'll see in an earlier blog.  So we headed over to one next door to the Post Office behind Arbys.  It was dark and no one was really around so we quickly zipped back there and found it pretty quick!  Yay!

Cold Night Cache Adventure

Taylor's 1st Cache!
One night after my bowling I had the weirdest craving for some grease.  So, I pulled into a Del Taco then remembered there was a cache!  It was in the back on a booger.  Sadly it super soaked from the rain so I couldn't sign it but I logged it!!


Damn rain!
Over my birthday weekend I met up with my friend Shan and told her all about caching.  I was super excited to see there was one walking distance we could go find.   It was a fun one!!  It was actually a little tube stuck inside a rock.  Totally looked like a garden decoration!  I guess the folks at the office it's in front of are totally in on it.

Shan's 1st cache!
Also on my birthday weekend the boy and his little and I did some caching.  She's getting a bit more into it, and it was my birthday so that's what I wanted to do! Ha!  So we did.  We were 2 for 4.  The 1st one we looked everywhere for, but no luck.  The 2nd one the little actually already knew where it was so that was an easy grab.

She always has a poking stick
We then headed over to a park and looked for 2 more.  We found the 1st one.  Super cool!  The log was wood!  I've never seen that before!

Coolest log!!!


We then looked for another, but no luck.  We may have found it but it was empty and we weren't sure if that was it or not so I marked DNF in case.

I'm having so much fun being a cacher!!!


No comments: