Friday, April 15, 2016

Online Dating...

After MASSIVE amounts of nudging and encouraging and...well kicking me in the ass I did it.
I signed up for e-harmony.  For a whole year.
I mean - if you don't meet "the one" you're supposed to learn a lot about yourself.  About what you want.  Right?  RIGHT?!
So I did it.
Finally.

I will share my feelings so far via memes and gifs.  I've been on it a month now.

When I 1st signed up:

via GIPHY

As I try to figure out how the hell this thing works:



Some of my "Matches" got me like:

I mean really:

via GIPHY

And a couple of the emails I've recieved:

via GIPHY

But then once in a while I see a possibility:


They have the "Guided Communication" section that if you get past that it leads to email.  Of course some of the dudes I'm interested in don't answer my questions and I haven't heard back.

via GIPHY

I've been emailing with a few dudes that's kinda cool:

I had my 1st phone call with one of them and I hate talking on the phone and it totally freaked me out and I felt so damn awkward!

via GIPHY

And we made a date.  A DATE YOU GUYS!

via GIPHY

I'm trying to be cool but I'm totally freaked out.

via GIPHY


Holy shit.
It's been years.
I don't even know.


Oh...and I'm adding an update:  After the talk on the phone.  After we set the date for Tue night.  After he said he'd text me with when and where.  Nuthin.  I text him Mon - "Are we still on?" NUTHIN!!  So far - not impressed.

via GIPHY



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get used to that.... I got stood up the week before last. We communicated quite a bit, shared some personal stuff about our families. Went back and forth on where to meet. We decided Bourbon street on a Saturday at 7pm. I touched base with him on Friday. Nothing. Again 3 times on Saturday day up until 5pm. Nothing. I finally sent him this text. "So a guy that says he's sweet & kind and knows how to treat women with respect is really standing me up, really? Nothing.

Anonymous said...

FYi that's me commenting^^^^ -Darri