Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Outdoor Theatres...

There's something glorious about watching some art or some theatre or some music in an outdoor venue on a lovely summer night.

Last night I went and saw the annual Pageant of the Masters down in Laguna Beach.  I was given tickets to the invited preview (Thanks Becks!) and took my friend Ber.

The Pageant is very cool.  But honestly I don't think anything will top the year I saw when giant dragons appeared during the "In the Hall of the Mountain King" and I was shrieking from my seat in excitement.  But last night was just lovely.

But in this post I wanted to touch on outdoor venues.  Last night was a perfect example of the beauty of an outdoor amphitheater on a warm summer evening.  The Irvine Bowl is surrounded by the Laguna Canyon nature.  It's gorgeous.  At night (a lovely balmy evening like last night) it's stunning.  The stars dance overhead and when the lights go out in between the living paintings and the gentle applause stops the silence lands on the large crowd like a brick.  A gentle ocean breeze would swoop through and tickle you face.  Every time this happened I found myself taking a deep breath and smiling.  It was just so nice you know?  Here we are - 1000's of us - sharing this moment together.

The Hollywood Bowl is the same way in a much larger capacity.  Outdoor Festivals are also lovely but they can get a bit unruly.  The amphitheaters seem more mellow since everyone is in a seat and there's not much moving around.

This blog is nothing more than that.  Just pointing out how lovely these sorts of little experiences are.  It doesn't take much to to make your heart smile.  Enjoy these moments my friends.  Time is sailing past us at lightning speed!




No comments: