Friday, July 6, 2012

Thank You...

I have to dedicate a blog to all those family and friends out there who really reached out to me during this time of recovery. I'm truly blessed and grateful and so damn lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life! There is no way I can begin to let you all know how much your love means to me. I'd like to start out with the Facebook love. When I 1st posted what happened the "What the Fucks, but I'm glad you’re ok" comments were exactly how I felt. The many likes are like little cyber pats on the back. The posts and comments and pictures posted on my wall made me smile and I thank you. My 1st week down I was showered with deliveries. It was like an f-ed up birthday. A beautiful bouquet came from my UA colleagues. A separate bouquet sprinkled with Gerber daises were sent from my office mate John. A bouquet of cookies shaped like bee hives and bees arrived from Linda. Jody came by with a giant arrangement from a wedding she and my mom worked on wanting to share the beauty with mom and I. I just got a hilarious package last week from Margaret containing the funniest little "Ugly Doll". His name is David and he's now attached to my purse. My dear friend Jay went above and beyond sending me a gorgeous bouquet of roses, a "Good Doctor" care package including chicken soup, tea and cookies shaped like nurses and a cuddly Vermont Bear dressed as a Doctor all arriving on different days. Our home smelled like a florist shop. It was amazing. I also received so many cards!!! Thank you to Katie, Rose, Brenda (love the kitty stickers!), Lori, Sheryl, Sharri, my granddad and my grandparents. My visitors kept me happy. Terri - thank you for my migraine oil, Jo - the flowers, Becks - the sunflowers and Henry's darling presence, Heather - the star gazers one of my favorites, Susan - for my clam bake, Robin - my flowers and lunch, Libby - Haley of course, my guardian angel and cupcake, Amber - for bringing me dinner and GOT fun, Jenn - that chocolate cake was amazing and the sunflowers so pretty, Mel - Simon was a love and the food was so good, Jill - giving me a pedicure was such a treat and felt so nice, Rick - bringing me lunch and sharing great stories, Keri - for bringing me lunch and being a rock for mom during this gnarly time, Dave and Petey - your laughter, Shan - a healthy lunch, Becky Julian and Scotty so good to see you on your way to Price is Right so bummed to miss that, Julie - for bringing me lunch, Natalie - your smile, John/Carol and Bri - seeing you guys was so great and with you that basket collected from my fellow colleagues was hilarious! My Chapman co-horts pitched in and presented me with a basket filled with such an array of games, tea, candy, cat treats, a harmonica, wine, a sleep mask and many many more random stuff that made me laugh and cry. Many texts and phone calls from family and friends constantly checking up on me meant the world. A big thank you to D for coming to the ER 1st and alerting folks. Mom of course then Terri, Robin and Libby all coming by the ICU. I know I didn’t look good but seeing your faces meant so much. I want to thank my Aunt Diane for impeccable timing and taking care of my grandparents so mom could take care of me. I know you being here helped mom out so much. My grandparents sent me a least 4 cards and were always sending sunflowers or food home with Diane to me. A huge thank you to my dad for flying home the second he heard, cutting his vacation short and helping me understand all the medical jargon that was being thrown at me. My dad checked up on me almost every day bringing me food when mom couldn’t be there, dropping in and taking care of me when I needed him sometimes at 5am. I love you daddy. And the biggest thank you of all goes to my mom. She not only took care of me, fed me, helped me to the bathroom, fed my cats and cleaned their litter box, kept my sheets clean, kept my room clean, kept all the flowers in bloom by changing water and vases and bringing different ones into my room so I could see them all, dealing with the doctors, helping me with disability and work paperwork, getting up in the middle of the night when my pain was so excruciating and forcing me to take pain meds, and so much more. She proved that a mother's love is absolutely unconditional. I would not have gotten through this without her. I am damn lucky to be here and damn lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people. Thank you everyone so much for all your love and support and prayers. You helped me get through this rough time and I still have a bit of a rough road ahead, but I will never feel like I have to conquer this alone. Thank you.

No comments: