Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hummingbird...

So - we have had our 1st hummingbird nest last year that the little gal decided to build ontop of the light cords in mom's patio.
I had a ball trying to photograph her without disturbing her.
The past couple of days I have noticed a hummingbird buzzing around my window and driving Tweaks mad.
Yesterday I snapped a few shots thinking I was so lucky to catch this bird flying around my window. But why does it keep coming back?
This morning I was woken up by the usual hummingbird buzzing noise and rolled over to my camera to try to catch it again.
I was half asleep while waiting and laid back down when Tweaks hopped again doing her adorable hunting chirp, but she was looking down.
Ooooo, maybe it landed again and I can try to catch a shot.
I slowly leaned closer to the window and looked down.
Holy Shit there's a nest.
She has built a little nest right outside my window.
I dragged my mom out of bed to show her and alert her so her gardening will now have to pause in this area.
Now I know I'm lucky!
I get to witness 1st hand (hopefully!) the process I watched at a distance last year.
I'm hoping my camera will get through the screen, which it seems to do if I futz with it enough.
And I don’t want to disturb mama, so I'll be quite careful.
But I'll be posting them here on my blog for you faithful readers to see!!
Enjoy!










1 comment:

Rose said...

Ah! How cool! Love the photo of Tweaks! Hahahahaha I can visualize a little fork and knife in her paws. Come closer lil birdie! Great shots:)