Wednesday, June 2, 2010

WBOD...June 2

"Write about a silence"
This is just too perfect for today.
I was sitting outside, having a cig (Yes I'm going to quit soon!), it was late but not too late and I noticed the silence. I'm sure these Writer's Book of Days is lookin for more creative or more fluffy flow of words kind of thing - but this is the literal.
Silence.
It was one of the most loudest quiet's I have ever heard. The only slight noise that happened every few minutes was a soft breeze that whispered through the trees. There was nothing. A deep, huge, awesome quiet. There were no dogs barking, no people talking, no phones ringing, no music playin no nothing. I mean nothing. It was bizzare and beautiful at the same time.
I watched the lazy smoke rings haze around me as I listened for the slightest sound of..well...anything! Nothing. Wait - there's the breeze whisper again. The leaves dancing and carassing against one another. Then it stops. It seems as if the world swallowed all the sound. I cant even hear the exhale of my breath. Its so quiet.
I love these moments. These moments when it feels like the world has stopped - just for a moment. Everything is on hold or holding its breath.
Its beautiful. Its quiet.
Enjoy the silence.

No comments: